What are the different travel authorizations?
– Ordinary visa: issued for single entries, the validity of this visa is for a maximum period of 3 months and works for holidays, visits, leisure, any activity legally recognized by the law of the United Republic.
– The multiple-entry visa: for people with certain needs related to their activities who must regularly travel to this territory. Its validity may not exceed a year. The visa holder will nevertheless have to leave the country at least once every 3 months.
– Transit visa: issued for the purpose of crossing the territory to go to another country. This visa does not exceed 7 days. To get this visa you will need the visa of your country of destination.
– Business visa: for foreign workers who come to the country with a specific mission.
The steps to follow
To get an electronic authorization from Tourism on arrival, you must enter the country by an international flight, so either at Da Nang Airport, Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) or Hanoi. A letter of invitation from immigration services may be required. This is an official Vietnamese document that guarantees entry upon your arrival. You can get the official authorization online. The request must be made to an organization specialized in the delivery of such a document.
This electronic visa request is done online and avoids you from traveling to the embassy or wasting your time once there. The documents required to issue the document depend on the type of visa required. However, for all electronic visas, it is necessary to have:
– A copy of the valid passport (minimum 6 months)
– One passport photo (recent, in colour and 35 mm wide and 45 mm high)
– A proof document for the type of authorization (flight, hotel reservation, work, mission)
Eligible entry points to the territory are Kilimanjaro International Airport and Julius-Nyerere International Airport in Dar es Salaam, the Namanga Land Border Crossing and the Tunduma Land Border Crossing.
Be careful during the online request as you are asked to choose between visiting mainland Tanzania and the Zanzibar archipelago.
After filling out the form and sending the supporting documents, the information must be processed and validated. After being validated, applicants get a number with which they can follow the progress of their file. Usually, it does not take more than 3 days for your application to be processed.
The visa validity starts from the date of issue and for a maximum stay of 180 days.